Friday, March 31, 2017

Heaven is my home

This time it's about my little family, in fact my littlest angel at home.


Most recently, she would ask me out of nowhere things like “what if God is not real?”  “I wonder how heaven is really like”.  She is genuinely and actively putting the Kingdom of God at the top of her mind.  Sometimes I wonder if she does that because she knows how much it pleases me to hear that from her.  But it always comes so natural.  When I asked her the other day who her BFF is – she would give me an obvious name, and then mentioned another girl and her reason is because that girl is also a Christian and loves God.  I feel like God has sent an angel to my family to keep me on check on what is important.  Stay focused, turn your eyes onto the right path.  She loves me to death but I won’t be surprised if she would give up on me to pursue what our Heavenly Father calls on her for.  And for that, I can’t be more grateful and fearfully say “here you go Lord.  Use her for Your Glory.”


I can go on and on about her maturity, calmness, and consideration since she was 1 years old when she would be awake by my side, enjoying herself (as in nothing to do), until I would wake up several hours later; 2 years old when she would walk to my bed needing my company in the middle of the night, and I would go to her bed and stay with her; then she would tell me after a while that she was okay now and I could go back to my bed.  She does what every parent doesn’t want and would stop immediately – watching cartoons all day.  However, when I ask her to stop and talk to me, she would not hesitate to pause to have a meaningful conversation with me, make sure I’m well attended to, before she continues with her watching.  Prob. no one would agree with me, but much like some people needing their hobbies to help fuel their energies and bring their best out, and maybe TV is part of that equation for her.  If I had greatly limited her watching time, I think her imagination that her teacher praises her highly of, could be greatly suppressed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment